Thursday, August 2, 2012

At Last! I'm Back in Business

At long last the CaryBird Cam computer is back on line, and I can talk about birds, rather than bytes.  This one was a devil that involved many iterations of disc scans and repairs.  No fears about data, as those are well backed up.  But the hardware was off limits.  But here we are.  And I am remembering the last two weeks of bird activity.  I can start with early the previous week, when I took my loving and adorable spouse to her beloved beach (Wrightsville, in NC).  Physically, this is a less delightful spot for me, but there are always sea- and shorebirds to watch, and Laughing Gulls are a regular feature there.  But they do lead a hard life.  The one pictured has no left foot!  Lord only knows how that was separated.  Suffice to say this was not the reigning alpha male.  I also watched Brown Pelicans, Willets, and Sanderlings.  They provide marvelous entertainment on a summer day at the beach.  What else happened recently? More tomorrow...

No comments: