Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tis The Season For New Equipment

Between gift largesse and supplemental purchases, Cary BirdCam is celebrating the acquisition of plenty of new gear. I just added two new feeders this week, expect to hang two new nest boxes as early as next weekend, and have suspended a roost bag (more on that soon.) We also expanded our bird bath "fleet" with this heated ground level product. I operated a ground level bath all summer but that unit isn't designed for winter use so it is in storage until April. So the birds have two ice-free options at this location. As fate would have it our unusual cold snap looks likely to end tomorrow, but there is plenty of winter left and I don't think the birds will care if the heater isn't always doing anything: it is the water that counts here. I will be training the BirdCam 1.0 on this bath sometime this week to record traffic. I hope for good results! and I am definitely enjoying all of the new bird-ish equipment. Reports to follow.

No comments: