Wednesday, March 10, 2010

More Thoughts on Suet Nuggets

Here's another character I found perusing the spread of Hot Pepper suet nuggets (discussed in the last two days' posts.) Pine Warblers are strongly attracted to suet and peanut butter, but I usually see them at the suspended feeders rather than at a platform. Perhaps this one was merely resting? or lazy? The Pine Warblers have not exactly been frequent visitors, but I expect that to change a little as nesting season opens with its high protein demands and before the local insect population begins to swell dramatically.

Special note to devoted readers: I will not be posting for the next two or three days. Please forgive the short hiatus. BirdCam will still be running and I am sure I'll have a few good pictures to share when I resume posting.

No comments: