Friday, May 13, 2011

Chickadees May Have a Hatchling

Before I begin, apologies for the delay in posting.
Blogger was offline when I last tried to write and just came online.


In the flurry of busy, feeding birds, I have not lost sight of a pair of Carolina Chickadees. After many months of low observation counts, I am now seeing them virtually everywhere I look, and it is definitely the same two birds. Given the time of year, I'm thinking there's a hatchling or two at the receiving end of their frantic grab-and-run activity. As usual, I haven't the faintest idea where they might be nesting as my sight lines are terrible: I can never follow their flights from the feeders to wherever they go. But I have a candidate box they may be using. I expect to see their fledgling making visits any day now, following for a free meal at first, and then on its own. Will be fun!

No comments: