Thursday, August 4, 2011

Not a Bad Deal For Me

It's been entertaining to watch the summer traffic at the peanut bar---since that went up early this year a good number of species has been simply going nuts for the peanut halves within. The Carolina Wrens and Brown Headed Nuthatches practically live at the feeder, and I see visits from new species all the time. In this current round of photography we've marked House Finches and now Northern Flickers. I believe that completes the suite of woodpeckers! The birds don't actually take that much away: I am averaging about five ounces of consumption per week. They have to work at the morsels: chipping away beneath the cage work of the feeder. So it's a great deal for me. I get high, enthusiastic traffic, but I am not refilling every time I turn around.

No comments: