Sunday, June 2, 2013

Suet Going Fast

Year after year it seems the top months for suet are May and June.  Not midwinter!  Not only are all kinds of birds charged up for protein-heavy meals but there are so many young birds from the same species needing energy as well.  I'm having problems keeping up with demand now.  And it does not help that the grackles have entered the picture with their formidable appetites.  At present I have three suet stations available with a maximum potential of five cakes---and I have feeders sufficient to raise that total to eight if I so choose.  But I am not sure I need to go that far.  Just keep things replenished for the time being.   The bluebirds, catbirds, wrens, woodpeckers, Blue Jay, warblers, and so many more will appreciate the service!

No comments: