Saturday, May 2, 2009

I've Paid For This

I would not say that a "Super Soaker" is an important part of my squirrel-discouragment efforts. It's not. Nor do I assert that a "Super Soaker"is even very effective at discouraging squirrels. It isn't (sigh.) But darn it, insofar as I paid for the birdseed that the squirrels wolf down, by my thinking I ought to reap some benefits, and giving them a little chin music with a "Super Soaker" is a good enough benefit for me. I picked this little jewel last summer at a local Toys R Us and have reaped considerable entertainment from its use. I am getting to be a good shot, but the little SOBs can move fast. At the end of the day: no harm done. The squirrels are never close enough to get more than a shower. But I get a good laugh. I paid for it!

2 comments:

Deb said...

I had to get a squirt gun last summer because of the CATS stalking my birds! This super soaker looks much better! Surprisingly, since I moved my feeders out back and away from the patio fences, the squirrels come in and feed off the ground but don't make an attempt to climb the poles. I can see these feeders even better so everyone is happy and no signs of cats (well,people were told to keep them in because of a coyote sighting - whatever works!)

David R. Lindquist said...

Deb, OH YES!! The Super Soaker is *excellent* with cats. I only had to use the thing a couple of times and didn't see the cats again. I only wish the squirrels responded so well!