Monday, March 22, 2010

Crazy Purchase Comparisons

I recently traded notes with my friend Denise of Motivation by Chocolate on which of us spends more on our "fixations:" her chocolates, or my birdseed. I've scrutinized my expense ledger and decided she wins, by a long ways, but that's hardly a fair contest. Bird Seed, by any standard, is way cheaper than chocolate. Even the crummy stuff Denise can find at discount stores. And we need to factor in that I buy ridiculous quantities of seed at a feed store. Look at this crazy mountain: 100 pounds of black oil sunflower seed and 40 pounds of safflower. The whole shooting match cost me about $84, and will last me, I hope, through midyear. I just hope the birds get as much satisfaction out of this buy as any rational person would get out of a good chocolate bar. And that they don't mind the cheap-o bulk price!

No comments: