Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Parade Continues

Forgive me for calling so much attention to the juveniles this year, but it has been a heck of a lot of fun to watch the parade. It seems so many keep showing up, after the point I am used to seeing the last one come by. Today I've got photos of the very latest Red Bellied Woodpecker youngster. I've already seen at least one in weeks past, so this fellow (assuming that blush of red on the crown continues to full glory) must be from at least a second brood, and maybe a third. He's only a touch beyond the buzzard look, leading me to think he's fledgled no earlier than the top of the month. And this bird wasn't the only one today...as we spotted a young Gray Catbird and also (ugh) a young Brown Headed Cowbird that had been reared by a wren. The parade continues!

No comments: