Wednesday, February 15, 2012

They Don't All Work as Advertised

Last summer, convinced that large birds and catbirds were prepared to clean out suet at the expense of the little guys, I picked up this unusual down-side suet feeder.  Birds that can cling and hang are able to access the suet cake at the bottom.  Others are just plain out of luck.  I've tried two very different placements but the feeder isn't used.  I know birds have explored it as the suet cakes always have small bits pecked away.  They don't buy the concept and are staying clear.  Perhaps I would need to eliminate all the traditional suet feeders.  That doesn't have much appeal for me.  I still like seeing bluebirds and they're doomed at this model.  So the lesson is learned: this is another idea that did not come off as advertised.  But I am open minded: does anyone have better experience with this design?  Let me know!

No comments: