Sunday, October 21, 2012

Perhaps It's Crazy

Is it crazy to enjoy very simple things?  For years I have had a very cheap plastic window box, and for a few here have affixed it to the sunroom window.  It was down for the summer, but this weekend decided the fun of watching small birds nab sunflower seeds needed to be had this winter.  So the box is back, filled with seeds.  And already Tufted Titmice have been raiders of the seeds.  It's a hoot to be sitting reading and suddenly hear the soft banging sounds as a bird pops in for a snack, and to look up and meet the gaze of a titmouse, chickadee or even a cardinal.  They don't mind the cheap quality of the box.  Nor do I.  It's wonderful entertainment.  And I get some all winter...

1 comment:

Woodduck said...

I'll consider one. Afraid of bird crashing window and being injured. I leave lights on porch on overnight and have several birds in the early morning dropping in to my elevated front porch(surrounded by live oaks) to catch moths that have bedded down for the day. It is fun to observe them closely.